Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Battle of Chancellorsville

My wife has told me of the newest uprising of battle. So much blood has been spilled in these battles. My days of being hindered from my recent horse accident has left me bedridden and depending on crutches. My unavailability to serve my country has left my heart cold; I want to help the Union succeed. The Battle at Chancellorsville makes my desire increase tenfold to take revenge on the Confederates. The fact that Lt. Gen. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson could not hold back an army half the size of his own makes me wonder if the Confederacy is becoming more tactful. Each time, it seems that the Confederacy is somehow pulling through and resisting defeat. We must become a stronger nation if we are to eliminate the opposition. I wish everyone good luck as I recover and I hope to be on the battlefield soon.

-Ulysses S. Grant


Resources:
http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/civilwar/chancellorsville/default.aspx

2 comments:

  1. We shall eventually prove to be victorious General Grant. Once you have recovered from your injuries, we shall see to it that the Union is triumphant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. General,
    Do not doubt our country, these last battles have been merely tests from The Almighty, we shall have our day general, and we shall defeat the rebels!

    ReplyDelete