Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Never Thought

I never thought the Confederates would attack Fort Sumter. My little town of St. Louis is all in an uproar over the current headlines, but I can't show my full fervor over the attack because of how South I moved in order Reading the posts in the newspapers that are delivered to my brother's leather shop almost drive me to complete insanity with how the fort has been rendered so. Edmund Ruffin exclaims that he fired the first shot, but such foolishness will get him killed if he ever said anything about this around me. This attack is showing just how ruthless this war is becoming. My life in the real estate business and also the leather shop retail is making me regret my decision to leave the army. Incidents like these are driving me back towards the blue uniform. My vendetta towards the Confederacy continues to burn in my heart.

-Ulysses S. Grant


Resources: First Blood; The Story of Fort Sumter. Swanberg, W.A. 1957.

No comments:

Post a Comment