Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gettysburg

My current campaign in Vicksburg, MS has been a good campaign thus far. It was peaceful to hear of the Union's win in Gettysburg. Approximately 4800 soldiers were killed in the Battle of Gettysburg on both sides. To me, the casualties were too great of numbers to ignore how devastating this war has become. I hear talk of my soldiers that this is the "turning point" to the war, but I can't be certain for right now. The boost of morality of my soldiers has given me the strength I need to fight the current battle that I am in. My congratulations goes out to General George Mead for his tremendous victory in this very important war. This lets me know that we can win.

-Ulysses S. Grant


Resources:
http://www.brotherswar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment