Friday, January 23, 2009

The Bloodiest Day

The news of the Battle of Antietam from Robert E. Lee's messenger caught me off guard. My last defense at the Battle of Shiloh showed just how the Confederate army could control their army. Not only were my brothers and friends killed, but the backbone to American freedom and the victory of the North has been hindered from Antietam. The loss of such men can only weaken the North's power against the Confederacy. We can recover from this tremendous loss, although it will take time. My current plans will help a little as I plan to advance on Vicksburg in Missouri. The Union, I know, can rise above this loss and band together stronger to help avenge our fallen family.

-Ulysses S. Grant


Resources: http://www.library.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us/MexicanWar/grantus.htm

1 comment:

  1. General Grant, I believe that it was General McClellan's poor military tactics that led to the devastating casulty count. We must have better military leadership by that of our weaker generals.

    Joshua Chamberlain
    Lieutenent Colonel

    ReplyDelete